We wanted to give you an update below on the status of the practice during the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation.
I hope everyone is safe and coping well with the adverse effects of the pandemic. These uncertain times have been very difficult for all us but we hope to get back to some “new normal” in the practice very soon. I know many of you have concerns about returning for treatment. I want to assure you that the safety of our patients and dental team is our top priority. As we begin to see patients, we are stringently following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Michigan Board of Dentistry, the American Dental Association, and the Michigan Dental Association.
I am here to assure you that my team and I have been working hard behind the scene to stay current on the new requirements to better treat our patients. Currently, we are spending time to acquire the Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) and revise/update our clinical protocols to better serve you. Your safety is our most important priority so we ask that you help us in return with your compliance to navigate all the changes that will occur in the office.
We will be back open for business on May 29th. We will be in the office the week after Memorial Day to get the practice ready to open and to start rescheduling patients! We will be in the office solely reaching out to you via telephone, email and social media in an attempt to put our schedule back together and answer any questions you may have: please anticipate our calls: that week will basically serve as a final preparation gateway for us to return to providing dental care.
– PRE-APPOINTMENT WELLNESS FORMS. Before your appointment, you will receive reminder texts at 1 week, 1 day, and 2 hours prior to your appointment. The reminder text will include a link to a Wellness Form that you MUST complete in order to honor your appointment. This is to ensure the safety of both our dental team and other patients. If you are feeling unwell, or show any symptoms of COVID-19, please get in touch with us to reschedule your appointment. PLEASE complete all of the forms with each reminder, as things can always change within a short period of time.
– ALL NON-CLINICAL FORMS TO BE SENT VIA TEXT. These forms will be sent to you via text at your 1 week reminder text, so that you can fill out and complete at the comfort of your own device. If you have opted out of texting, we will send you an email with the forms.
– CURBSIDE WAITING & CHECK-IN. To adhere to social distancing rules, we ask that you please wait in your car when you arrive at our office. Check in by texting us and we will text you back when we are ready for you to come in. You may also call our office phone number if you choose not to text.
> Our waiting area will not be in use during this time and has been removed of all magazines, toys, water, and coffee.
> We ask that everyone who enters the office wear a face covering or mask. We ask that each patient comes alone, with the exception of minors who need to be accompanied by a parent and those who need assistance. Only one person may accompany each patient inside the office. If there are other people in your party, please have them remain in the car. Once the patient is brought back to the treatment room, the accompanying person will be asked to return to their parked car and will be notified when the patient is finished.
-ENHANCED DISINFECTION. We are increasing our already effective disinfection protocol. Like always, hand sanitizers are placed throughout the office for your convenience. Air Purifiers will be installed in each treatment room and common areas throughout the office to assist in the reduction of aerosols and the removal of the contaminants in the air we breathe, therefore improving air quality. Surgically Clean Air’s purifiers use multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify and re-energize the indoor air. The six (6) stage filtration system captures dust particles, pollen, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), gases, mold, allergens, viruses, odors (like formaldehyde and smoke), bio-aerosols, and many other pollutants that are found in the inside air in workplaces. The negative ion generator makes indoor feel more pure, clean and energized to help combat fatigue. For an air purifier to deliver its benefits throughout the indoor space it needs to move large volumes of air through its filtration system effectively without impacting those people that are closest to it or being too loud. Air purification will create a healthier environment for patients and staff alike.
– APPOINTMENTS. We are now reaching out to re schedule missed appointment. When we do begin rescheduling, appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
– PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE). We have secured all of the necessary PPE to ensure the safety of our dental team and patients. You may see that all staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks at all times. With the increase in the amount of PPE our team is incorporating, the temperature in the office may be much cooler than normal. We have always provided blankets and headphones in the past for your comfort, but we ask that you please bring your own jacket, blanket, and/or headphones to your appointment at this time.
> Before entry into the office, we will be having you SANITIZE YOUR HANDS and CHECKING YOUR TEMPERATURE.. If you show an elevated temperature of 100 F or higher, we will need to cancel your appointment and have you reschedule once your symptoms have been relieved.
> Each patient will be asked to rinse with a PRE-PROCEDURAL RINSE to help reduce the number of microorganisms (bacteria) that are introduced during the appointment through splatter or aerosols.
I, and my dental team, look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient, we value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Should you have any emergent situation that needs immediate attention prior to our official opening date, please feel free to reach out to me directly on my cell phone at (248) 420-1866.
Dr. Christine M. Saad & Team
Proudly Serving Lake Orion and Nearby LocationsOrion Township MI • Oxford MI • Auburn Hills MI • Oakland Township MI • Clarkston MIIndependence Township MI