IN RESPONSE TO THE WHO REPORT THAT CAME OUT ON 8/11/2020
Yesterday the World Health Organization put out a statement that people should be delaying their routine dental appointments until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides. The American Dental Association and the Michigan Dental Association strongly disagrees with them.
We in the dental profession practice the highest standards of universal precautions, treating everyone the same, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic for any disease, but especially with COVID-19.
If you are already overdue and plan to wait months more, please be aware that conditions that were not problematic could become so. With your mouth being the gateway to the rest of your body, infections starting in your mouth can quickly affect all of you.
Your safety is paramount, and so is ours. If you haven’t visited our dental office yet, rest assured that we have implemented many layers of safety precautions in order to care for your dental needs.
If you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you, just call, text or email.
We wanted to give you an update below on the status of the practice during the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation.
We hope everyone is safe and coping well with the adverse effects of the pandemic. These uncertain times have been very difficult for all of us but we hope to get back to some “new normal” in the practice very soon. We know many of you have concerns about returning for treatment. I want to assure you that the safety of our patients and dental team is our top priority. As we begin to see patients, we are stringently following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Michigan Board of Dentistry, the American Dental Association, and the Michigan Dental Association.
We are here to assure you that my team and I has been working hard behind the scenes to stay current on the new requirements to better treat our patients. We have acquired the Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) and revised/updated our clinical protocols to better serve you. Your safety is our most important priority so we ask that you help us in return with your compliance to navigate all the changes that will occur in the office.
– PRE-APPOINTMENT WELLNESS FORMS. Before your appointment, you will receive reminder texts at 1 week, 2 day, and 2 hours prior to your appointment. This is to ensure the safety of both our dental team and other patients. If you are feeling unwell, or show any symptoms of COVID-19, please get in touch with us to reschedule your appointment. PLEASE complete all of the forms with each reminder, as things can always change within a short period of time.
– ALL CLINICAL FORMS WILL BE SENT VIA TEXT. These forms will be sent to you via text 1 day before your appointment. They will NOT be included in the reminder text. Please look out for these forms and they can be completed via phone, tablet or computer. If you have opted out of texting, we will send you an email link with the forms. THE COVID-19 pre-screening form we are asking be completed THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT.
– CURBSIDE WAITING & CHECK-IN. To adhere to social distancing rules, we ask that you please wait in your car when you arrive at our office. Check in by texting us and we will text you back when we are ready for you to come in. You may also call our office phone number if you choose not to text.
– WAITING ROOM. Our waiting area will not be in use during this time and has been removed of all magazines, toys, water, and coffee.
– MASKS. By order of the Oakland County Health Department we ask that everyone who enters the office wear a face covering or mask. We also ask that each patient comes alone, with the exception of minors who need to be accompanied by a parent and those who need assistance. Only one person may accompany each patient inside the office. If there are other people in your party, please have them remain in the car. Once the patient is brought back to the treatment room, the accompanying person will be asked to return to their parked car and will be notified when the patient is finished.
-ENHANCED DISINFECTION. We are increasing our already effective disinfection protocol. Like always, hand sanitizers are placed throughout the office for your convenience. Air Purifiers have been installed in each treatment room and common areas throughout the office to assist in the reduction of aerosols and the removal of the contaminants in the air we breathe, therefore improving air quality. Surgically Clean Air’s purifiers use multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify and re-energize the indoor air. The six (6) stage filtration system captures dust particles, pollen, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), gases, mold, allergens, viruses, odors (like formaldehyde and smoke), bio-aerosols, and many other pollutants that are found in the inside air in workplaces. The negative ion generator makes indoor feel more pure, clean and energized to help combat fatigue. For an air purifier to deliver its benefits throughout the indoor space it needs to move large volumes of air through its filtration system effectively without impacting those people that are closest to it or being too loud. Air purification will create a healthier environment for patients and staff alike.
– APPOINTMENTS. We have been reaching out to reschedule missed appointment. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
– PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE). We have secured all of the necessary PPE to ensure the safety of our dental team and patients. You may see that all staff, including the front office staff, will be wearing masks at all times. We are providing blankets and headphones in the office for your comfort.
– Before entry into the office, we will be having you SANITIZE YOUR HANDS and CHECKING YOUR TEMPERATURE. If you show an elevated temperature of 100 F or higher, we will need to cancel your appointment and have you reschedule once your symptoms have been relieved.
– Each patient will be asked to rinse with a PRE-PROCEDURAL RINSE to help reduce the number of microorganisms (bacteria) that are introduced during the appointment through splatter or aerosols.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient, we value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Christine M. Saad & Team
Proudly Serving Lake Orion and Nearby LocationsOrion Township MI • Oxford MI • Auburn Hills MI • Oakland Township MI • Clarkston MIIndependence Township MI